Monday, February 22, 2010

Hi Everyone!


I have been very excited and anticipating this trip to come, and at last, the time is almost here! Before I depart from the United States I would like to take the time to share a little about myself and the wonderful opportunity that I have been given to travel abroad during my spring break. My name is Michelle Benton, and I am a sophomore biology student at Gwynedd Mercy College. I was given this opportunity to travel to England, Ireland, and Wales by winning an essay contest held by the college.


I've always had in me a hunger to travel and see the world, stemming from the passion for traveling that my father possessed throughout his life. He instilled this hunger in me because he always spoke of the things he would have loved to see and learn about if his illness had not prevented him from doing so. I cannot even describe the degree of excitement that he would have for me, knowing what I am about to experience traveling to these countries. I am taking this trip in honor and memory of my father, as I know he would be right by my side if he could be. It will be very exciting for me to see the world from a new perspective, and I will be writing and updating my learning experiences that I encounter as I immerse myself in these different cultures, day by day!

-Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment